The moment you lift the lid off of your crockpot and are met with fragrant steam billowing from the top.
The juicy, tender, meat within the pot that’s marinated with sauce of your choosing. The seasonings and herbs you blended together are perfection and your mouth waters in anticipation for dinner time.
This easy crockpot anti inflammatory recipe (and recipes to come) for dinner will turn into a staple meal you’ll be making over and over.
Recipes like that are amazing and are true family hits in the kitchen!! But what if you could make recipes that are not only delicious but target amazing health benefits at the same time!? You can now with this one.
Our first (of many!) Crockpot Recipes Healthy and Anti-Inflammatory are here and this month it features: Garlic and Turmeric Flank Steak.
This recipe is not only healthy but it is super easy to put together as well!
Let’s get cookin’ friends!
Crockpot Recipes Healthy and Anti-Inflammatory: Ingredients
1lbs flat iron flank steak (using the left overs for weekly meal prep plan! Meal plan recipe coming soon!)
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 tbsp ground turmeric
1/4 cup purple onion, diced
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp liquid smoke (if you have never used this stuff, you are missing out! This stuff is gold!)
6-8 small red-skinned potatoes
Crockpot Recipes Healthy and for Dinner: Walkthrough
- Place crockpot heat on low and place in flank steak for 6-8 hours.
- Add in 1 diced garlic clove (save other for later),red wine vinegar, and onions to the crockpot to cook with steak.
- Between 5-6 hours of cooking, add in turmeric and liquid smoke to crockpot. Continue to cook for another 1-2 hours.
- Dice up or slice potatoes and sauce them in skillet with oil or butter. Use remaining garlic clove in skillet. (for softer potatoes, you can opt to bake them!)
- Shred up flank steak and serve with red skinned potatoes!
If you enjoyed this easy anti inflammatory crockpot recipe, make sure to browse the rest of the site for additional recipes that are targeted for many dietary needs.
Also, check out other recipes here!
(options for those that want to cut out meat consumption!)
PART II is now available for Anti-Inflammatory Recipes!
Try out this All Recipes Curried Hummus recipe! It is anti-inflammatory and a great complement to a lunch salad and veggies!
Check out Christine’s “Work with Me” page on the main menu to contact her if interested in nutritional coaching or meal-planning services!
Leave a Reply